[vtkusers] Problems with new vtk 6 modules

Luca Baronti lbaronti at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 10:03:24 EDT 2016

[I'm reposting this issue since somehow it wasn't sent in the mailing list
the first time]

Hi,
I'm a PCL user that have recently upgraded his system to Ubuntu 16.04
The new PCL version present in that release use the most recent 6.2 version
of the VTK library (from 5.8).
Previously in my (PCL) application I just had to link the QVTK library and
everything worked just fine.

Now the QVTK shared object is not present anymore, and I don't know exactly
which library contains what I need.
For instance, any set of library that allow to compile this small example
will do the work for me
http://pointclouds.org/documentation/tutorials/qt_visualizer.php

I've tried to link some .so that might contain the code I need but I'm
still stuck in finding some libraries (for instance where can i find the
data/functions for DataSetMapper?)

I've also took a look at this guide
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/VTK_6_Migration_Guide without any success
(actually, I'm not very familiar with the VTK framework, since I'm mostly
using PCL)

Thanks for the help,
Luca