[vtkusers] Question regarding mean curvature computation in VTK

Joan Hensen Joan.Hensen at outlook.de
Thu Oct 13 17:26:47 EDT 2016

I tried to figure out how the mean curvature is computed in VTK. Unfortunately, the website http://www-ipg.umds.ac.uk/p.batchelor/curvatures/node12.html of the author philip batchelor (?) is not accessible any more. I understand that it is a summation of dihedral angles times the edgle lengths. Afterwards it is normalized by the surface area. Is my assumption correct that VTK chooses one third of the one-ring area around a vertex as this surface area?

Thank you for your help.