[vtkusers] Polyhedron to regular cell type

Armin Wehrfritz dkxls23 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 10:50:45 EST 2016

Hi Felipe,

I don't think there is an "easy way" in the sense of a ready made
implementation in a basic VTK class (though I think that would be a very
nice feature to have).

However, the OpenFOAM reader in VTK has an option to decompose
polyhedral cells into VTK_TETRA or VTK_PYRAMID. Maybe you have a look at
the implementation there:
https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/blob/master/IO/Geometry/vtkOpenFOAMReader.cxx#L6470
https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/blob/master/IO/Geometry/vtkOpenFOAMReader.cxx#L6184

Hope this helps!