[vtkusers] vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper (OpenGL2) - Mask Input update

Sankhesh Jhaveri sankhesh.jhaveri at kitware.com
Tue Nov 29 23:40:06 EST 2016

Hi,

The patch that Alvaro mentioned should have fixed your masking issue. It
has been merged into master.
Please try the latest VTK master.

Thanks,
Sankhesh

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 11:39 AM Alvaro Sanchez <alvaro.sanchez at kitware.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> there is a related patch [1] about to be merged, not sure if this would
> address this issue though, could you try it?    I will try to reproduce the
> problem.
>
> Thanks.
>
> [1] https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/2196#note_201434
>
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 5:56 PM, meow_fiz <meow at mat.uni.torun.pl> wrote:
>
> For a long time I've used vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper  in vtk 6.3 (OpenGL
> 1.x).
> I could change interactively volume mask voxel values set by:
>
> volMapper->SetMaskInput (myMask);
>

> Now when i switched to VTK 7.1RC & OpenGL2 I can't make any modifications
> volume mask interactively. Calling Update(), Modified() on every element of
> the pipeline (volume, input data, mask input, mapper) does not affect
> visual
> result.
>
> The only way I can get the updated mask volume is to call:
>
> Renderer->RemoveVolume(Volume);
> Renderer->AddVolume(Volume);
>
> Is there any way that I could force volume mask update for
> vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper  ?
>
> Regards,
>  Michal
>

> --

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

> --
> Alvaro Sanchez
> Kitware, Inc.
> Senior R&D Engineer
> 21 Corporate Drive
> Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
> Phone: 518-881-4901 <(518)%20881-4901>

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Sankhesh Jhaveri *Sr. Research & Development Engineer* | Kitware
<http://www.kitware.com/> | (518) 881-4417
​