[vtkusers] VTK pipeline & rendering strategies

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 15:46:43 EST 2016

Here is a half-baked idea (that I have not tested). And I may have
completely misunderstood your problem...

You can delay the application of the scalars until after
DataSetSurfaceFilter. That filter has an option to pass the original
cell and/or point ids. So after an update to the
DataSetToSufaceFilter, create your scalars and populate the new points
with the scalars at the original point id. It should be pretty fast
since you will only be settng scalar values at surface points and not
interior points. How many triangles are produced by
DataSetToSufaceFilter?