[vtkusers] Sampling cell-data along a line

Timofey Mukha timofey.mukha at it.uu.se
Fri Nov 25 10:07:23 EST 2016

Dear Bill,

Thank you for the example, it's a nice illustration.

I have ultimately arrived to another solution to my problem. A somewhat
important detail is that my data is 2d. What I do then is take a slice
of the data with vtkCutter, so that the cut goes along the line that I
need. A given cell center of the cutter is located exactly in the middle
of the segment obtained by cutting a given cell by the desired line. So
the cell data of the cutter gives me my profile along a line!

In a 3d setting I suppose one can to the same, but one needs two cutters
the intersection of which would give the desired line!

Best,

Timofey