[vtkusers] Draw an object using millimeter as unit

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Mon Nov 21 09:47:33 EST 2016

Specifying the height of the cone as 10 does not mean that it is 10
pixels high, for example, or 10 of any other screen unit. Units in VTK
mean whatever you want them to mean. Millimeters, meters, feet,
cubits, anything. The only thing you need to do is be consistent in
how you interpret sizes in VTK.

Best,
Cory

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 1:12 AM, 沈庄明 <zhuangming.shen at sphic.org.cn> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> If I want to draw an object (e.g. cone) using millimeter as unit, not the
> screen units. How can I do that? Specifically, whether the codes below
> specify a 10-millimeter-high cone? Thanks in advance.
>

> import vtk
>
> cone = vtk.vtkConeSource()
>
> cone.SetHeight(10)
>
> cone.Update()