[vtkusers] Change of OpenGL Backend

Oliver Weinheimer mail at oliwe.com
Wed Nov 16 05:42:58 EST 2016

Hi,

I am just upgrading a project from using vtk 6.3 to vtk 7.1rc2.
Now OpenGL2 Backend should be used.

For OpenGL Backend I previously added the lines

#include <vtkAutoInit.h>
VTK_MODULE_INIT(vtkRenderingOpenGL);
VTK_MODULE_INIT(vtkRenderingFreeType);
VTK_MODULE_INIT(vtkInteractionStyle);

in the main cpp file of my project.
Works fine for OpenGL Backend and VTK 6.3 .

In order to use OpenGL2 with VTK 7.1 I changed these lines to

#include <vtkAutoInit.h>
VTK_MODULE_INIT(vtkRenderingOpenGL2);
VTK_MODULE_INIT(vtkRenderingFreeType);
VTK_MODULE_INIT(vtkInteractionStyle);

The project compiles fine, but the linker throws:

[ilink64 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'vtk_netcdf_nctypelen' referenced
from
D:\CPPPROJECTS\KITWARE\VTK-7.1.0RC2-BERLIN-RELEASE-STATIC-BCC64\LIB\VTKNETCDF71.A|putget.c.o

Any ideas?
vtkIONetCDF71.a
vtkNetCDF_cxx71.a
vtkNetCDF71.a
are added to the project.
What is missing?

Is vtk_netcdf_nctypelen defined elsewhere?
I found it in vtk_netcdf_mangle.h ... this stuff should be included in
vtkNetCDF71.a - or not?

Oliver