[vtkusers] how to write an unstructured grid into a stl file

Reza Faieghi mfaieghi at westerneng.ca
Sun Nov 13 07:20:45 EST 2016

Hello,

I am wondering is there a way to write an unstructured grid into
an STL file?

I am not sure if this is correct but I realized that for writing
into an STL file, I have to create a triangle filter from my geometry. And,
to create the triangle filter, I need to extract surface of my unstructured
grid. I tried to use vtkDataSetSurfaceFilter for this purpose, but I was
not able to set an input to an instance of this class from a
vtkUnstructuredGrid.

I am not sure if my approach is correct. I would be really grateful if you
have any idea how to solve this.

Many Thanks,
Reza