[vtkusers] Extra meta data in pvd

Chris Marsh chris.marsh at usask.ca
Wed Nov 9 16:54:57 EST 2016

Hi Cory,
Thanks for the reply. This looks like a perfect way forward.

I am following this
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/PolyData/FieldData

and am having troubles with this approach. The field data doesn't seem to
be set properly. I can see the field data *name* in paraview when I load my
mesh, but it has an NA value.

What I'm doing is:

std::string _srs_wkt = "my projection data here";
vtkSmartPointer<vtkStringArray> proj4 =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkStringArray>::New();
proj4->SetNumberOfComponents(1);
proj4->SetName("proj4");
proj4->InsertNextValue(_srs_wkt);

vtkSmartPointer<vtkUnstructuredGrid> _vtk_unstructuredGrid =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkUnstructuredGrid>::New();

//... build up _vtk_unstructuredGrid etc.

 _vtk_unstructuredGrid->GetFieldData()->AddArray(proj4);

 //validate
 vtkStringArray* test =
vtkStringArray::SafeDownCast(_vtk_unstructuredGrid->GetFieldData()->GetArray("proj4"));

 //test is NULL

any ideas?
Thanks

Chris Marsh