[vtkusers] Undefined reference error while compiling with VTK shared libraries in Ubuntu 16.04

Stephen Thomas stephenthomas1 at boisestate.edu
Thu Nov 3 15:19:03 EDT 2016

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, you are right, I used the command "make -j8 install" to copy the
header files to the /usr/local/include/vtk-6.3/". But I pointed to the
build folder for the libraries.

How do I uninstall the system VTK? I have also tried to install vtk 6 and
vtk 5 using the "sudo apt-get install libvtk6-dev" and "sudo apt-get
install libvtk5-dev".

Thank you,
Stephen Thomas.