[vtkusers] writing_headers_to_describe_data_vtu/vtm_files?

Giorgos Ragkousis giorgosragos at gmail.com
Tue May 31 08:09:25 EDT 2016

Dear vtk users,

I have been writing vtk applications for converting result files (generated
from our solvers) to vtk/vtu/vtm files. I wanted to write a Header in the
beginning of each file describing the type of numerical analysis these
results came from. When writing vtk files, there is the
vtkUnstructuredGridWriter::SetHeader class method to write such a header.
Does any of you know how could I write something relevant when writing XML
files (e.g. vtkXMLMultiBlockDataWriter) for instance?

Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance, Giorgos.