[vtkusers] Reslicer rotation axis

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri May 27 15:46:55 EDT 2016

Hi Fabian,

Calling SetResliceAxesOrigin() is the wrong thing to do here.

If you want to rotate around a specific point, you need to build a
transform matrix that does the following:
1) translate by (- P) where P is the desired centre of rotation
2) rotate
3) translate by P (the same P as above)

Define T as the matrix that translates by -P,
define R as the pure rotation matrix, and
define U as the matrix that translates by P:

  M = U R T

The special property of this matrix is that it does not change the
point that is defined as the centre of rotation:

  M P == P

So you should build matrix M and then call SetResliceAxes(M).

 - David