[vtkusers] Glitch in rendering when using vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper in 7.0.0

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Thu May 26 08:29:10 EDT 2016

>> Hi all,
>>
>> When I view my volume from certain angles, there are glitches in the
>> rendering when using vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper , see attached screenshots
>> when the glitch is occurring and when it is not.
>>
>> Has anyone seen this behavior and know what the problem might be? This is
>> on Intel HD 4400 graphics.
>>

> If it's not quite clear, the glitch is at the bottom of the first
> screenshot, where an are of the volume is not visible.

An observation: I had the following to enable parallell projection in my
code:

    self.camera.ParallelProjectionOn()

If I remove this line, so that perspective projection is used instead, the
glitches disappear.

This is not a solution, since I need to use parallell projection, but maybe
it's a clue to the problem?

Elvis