[vtkusers] vtkEventQtSlotConnect not wrapped in python 2.7 + VTK6.3

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Mon May 23 16:57:53 EDT 2016

> On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 1:31 PM, Elvis Stansvik <
> elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com> wrote:
>>

>> Anyone know the rationale for why these modules were marked as
>> EXCLUDE_FROM_WRAPPING ?
>>

> I'm not sure, but I can make an educated guess.  In VTK 5, the VTK Qt
> classes were wrapped using a sophisticated mechanism that combined the
> python wrappers and SIP.  However, few people used it, and it was never
> part of the dashboard testing.  So it seems that it was lost in the shuffle
> when VTK transitioned to VTK 6, which is too bad, because there was a lot
> of good stuff there.  In fact a lot of the pieces are still around, laying
> dormant in the code.

I see, things like this happens during refactorings, so it's understandable
I guess. But yes, I agree it's unfortunate if functionality was
lost/bitrotted, since the current QVTKRenderWindowInteractor leaves a lot
to be desired compared to GUISupport (see my other thread).

Thanks for the update!

Elvis