[vtkusers] VTK application crash on virtual machine

kent myers dakota_63124 at yahoo.com
Thu May 19 20:44:18 EDT 2016

I am not sure if I was clear about what I am doing.  I am running a Java VTK
application in Eclipse inside a VMWare virtual machine.  The VMWare virtual
machine is running Windows 10.  When I run this environment on my native
desktop Windows 10 system, it works fine.

My first thought was that it might be a threading issue since my JVM
traceback looks very similar to one I saw posted by someone else who was
having a threading issue.

My implementation is already putting all the VTK calls inside a
SwingUtilities.invokeLater(), so I believe this should address the common
threading issue.

If you still think this could be an opengl issue, please let me know.

Thanks,
Kent