[vtkusers] black contour instead of colors after vtkcutter

Cristina Oyarzun coyarzunlaura at googlemail.com
Thu May 12 05:54:45 EDT 2016

Hello,

I am rendering a surface (vtkpolydata) using a vtkcolortransferfunction to
map its scalar values to RGB colors (just red, yellow and green). That
works without problem.

I have a different render window where I show 2D slices of a volume as I
move a slider.

While I traverse the volume I want to show in addition to the 2D slices the
cut of the surface that correspond to that 2D slices in that render window.
I use vtkcutter and a plane at the position of the current 2D slice to do
this. I see the 2D contour of the surface that correspond to that 2D slice
but the colors are not correct. I do get some colors in some slices, but in
some other slices I just get a black contour.

Does someone have an idea of why do I not get the same colors in the 3D
surface and after the cut?

Thank you very much!

Cristina