[vtkusers] No LookupTable was set but input data is not VTK_UNSIGNED_CHAR

Flaviu2 flaviu2 at yahoo.com
Tue May 10 07:53:57 EDT 2016

 Hi vtk users.I have made a DICOM viewer, using vtkDICOMReader, and vtkImageReslice, and vtkImageMapToColors to add as vtkImageActor. In order to have the original window/level, I didn't setup any vtkLookupTable on vtkImageMapToColors ... and seem to go well, but on runtime, I get a ugly warning:
No LookupTable was set but input data is not VTK_UNSIGNED_CHAR, therefore input can't be passed through!
My question is, it is OK to give up of lookup table ? And how to setup VTK_UNSIGNED_CHAR at my input image data ?
I have tried this:
m_pDICOMReader->GetOutput()->AllocateScalars(VTK_UNSIGNED_CHAR, 3);
Not working .... can you help me, please ?
Flaviu.