[vtkusers] The real difference between QVTKWidget and QVTKWidget2

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Tue May 3 11:41:31 EDT 2016

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 2:44 PM, Michael Jackson
<mike.jackson at bluequartz.net> wrote:
> We are also getting a similar issue on OS X? Has anyone else seen this
> problem? Is QVtkWidget2 ready for use or does it need more development time
> on OS X?

It was working pretty well (for me at least) with Qt 4, but I am not
sure it has had much testing/development with Qt 5. As stated,
QGLWidget is deprecated, and I want to move to a QOpenGLWidget based
VTK widget.

If you want something right now I think QVTKWidget is the way to go,
we have it building against Qt 5.6.0 in Tomviz. We have been testing
it on the major platforms, an X event squashing bug was fixed in Qt
5.6.0.

Hope that helps,

Marcus