[vtkusers] VTK build error in Xcode

Shawn Waldon shawn.waldon at kitware.com
Tue May 3 10:40:11 EDT 2016

Quoting from that blog:
"
First ensure that you have the latest Xcode and XCode developer tools
installed.

To build the VTK framework for iOS development, configure CMake with
VTK_IOS_BUILD=ON. CMake will then present a limited set of options, which
will we shortly review. Be sure to generate only Unix Makefiles or Ninja
build files, as* Xcode will not work for this special build.* Then use
CMake as usual to produce project build files.
"

You have to install XCode so that your system will have a compiler.  But
when you are configuring VTK, you have to select 'Unix Makefiles' or
'Ninja' as the generator.  It says that the XCode generator doesn't work.
Then you open a terminal to the build directory and type 'make' or 'ninja'
depending on the generator you chose.  Note that to change generators you
will have to delete the build directory and reconfigure.

HTH,
Shawn