[vtkusers] Empty polydata being generated by vtkContourFilter

Garrett Morrison garrett.d.morrison at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 18:31:50 EDT 2016

I am currently passing an ImageData containing a scalar float array to a
contour filter which I then plan to extract the verts and polys from for
something I am working on. I have confirmed that the ImageData actually
contains all the proper scalar values and that the isovalue being used for
the contouring is within a reasonable range such that it should be
generating a surface.

The issue I am running into is that when I look at the GetOutput polydata
of the contour filter, GetNumberOfPolys is returning a reasonable number
while GetNumberOfVerts returns 0. So somehow it's generating the vertex
indices but not the actual coordinates for said vertices. I did notice that
enabling ClosedSurfaceOn for the contour causes it to not generate the
polys either so I was wondering if possibly there's a setting I'm missing
or something else I need to do to force it to generate both vertices as
well as polygonal indices.