[vtkusers] Projecting a texture to vtkpolydata without using an actor

PTMartin martin.buerger at plassertheurer.com
Thu Mar 31 05:47:09 EDT 2016

I am working under .net with activiz an currently trying to project images to
point data.
I ran into several problems with this.

- How can I place an image only on a part of the vtkpolydata.
TextureMapToPlane always places and sizes the texture to cover all the
points. I did not find a way how to restrict Position and Size, where the
texture has to be placed.

- How can I convert a .net Bitmap to vtkImage directly without going through
the file system and vtkJpegReader and without copying image data into an
array of bytes for the vtkImageImporter to work.

- When above problems would be solved. Is there a function to pick a color
from a texture by texture coordinate? I could do that manually but do not
want to implement kind of bilinear pixel interpolation on my own...

Would be great to get some hints. Thanks in advance.