[vtkusers] Clip Volume using freehand 2D Curve ROI

Mallikarjun K mallikarjun49 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 02:19:18 EDT 2016

Hello Sebastian,longbowzhang and Simon,
I am sorry I couldn't participate in the discussion as I was away for
couple of days. Thank you all for your valuable time and pointers.

@Sebastian: Osirix viewer (on Mac) is also having this feature (Scissors)
to clip on volume rendering.

@longbowzhang: My mistake, may be I couldn't put the context properly. What
I mean is Clip on volume in the context of Volume Rendering only. Based on
your pointers
1.Can I use vtkboxwidget to draw a bounding box on the volume?  I didn't
get the pipeline exactly..if you have an example code that would be
helpful..

@Simon: I am not using Qt here. I used vtkcontourWidget to draw a curve on
the volume as shown below and got the vtkpoints along the curve. Using
these points I have created a vtkimpliciteselectionloop and tried to feed
this to setclipfunction of VtkClipDataset  which gives unstructured grid
output and thought of converting it to structured grid using vtkprobefilter
but  with no luck..:)

[image: Inline image 1]