[vtkusers] Render sun

Bruno Oliveira bruno.manata.oliveira at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 13:46:54 EDT 2016

Hello,

I am trying to render 2 planets, e.g., earth and the Sun.

I can render the earth properly (distance to camera is around 2e8 m).
However, I can't make the sun appear (distance to camera around 1e12m)

I am setting the camera depth limit properly, with correct values in

    camera->SetClippingRange(near, far);

but the sun just isnt rendered: i am not sure if it is occluded by the
planet or I am forgetting something?

And another question, how can I create a light that mimics the sun? so that
I can see it shining on the image behind the planet?