[vtkusers] High memory cost of vtkDecimatePro for 3D model generation from DICOM series

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Fri Mar 18 02:47:34 EDT 2016

> You can segment an image with just one threshold (i.e. just the lower
> threshold).  It is not necessary to set a range.

Sorry for jumping in here, but I'm also pretty new to VTK, and what Liu
describes sounds like something we will want to do soon: Allow the user to
set a grayscale range, and only show the parts of the volume that falls
within this range.

When you say "you can segment an image with just one threshold", do you
mean that it somehow doesn't make sense to use two thresholds? If so, why?
What if the use really wants to "extract" the parts of the volume where the
scalar values are within some range?

Thanks in advance,
Elvis