[vtkusers] Compiling VTK7 with VS2015 and Qt5.6

Thales Luis Rodrigues Sabino tluisrs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 07:37:58 EDT 2016

Today I was able to successfully compile VTK7.0 with VS2015 and Qt5.6.
Since Qt5.6 has binaries available for VS2015 I decided to give it a try.

The first error that appears was the error that 'unistd.h' was not defined
(it is also a unix file). Looking at the source code for the file
'\IO\LSDyna\private\LSDynaFamily.h (45)' one can note that the macro WIN32
is not being defined. The reason is that in VS2015, as can been seen in
this page https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/b0084kay.aspx, the
correct macro to detect Windows is _WIN32. To fix this, I simply change my
cmake command line with the following

cmake -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="/DWIN32=1 /EHsc"

The EHsc is to solve some warning about the exception handling system.

Hope this can help.
--
Thales Luis Rodrigues Sabino

PhD Student at PGMC-UFJF <http://www.ufjf.br/pgmc/>