[vtkusers] Compiling Problem in VTK-7.0 DICOMReader Example

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 23:13:42 EDT 2016

Hi Ralf,

To fix this problem, you need to
1) link to vtkRenderingOpenGL.lib, vtkRenderingFreeType.lib, and
vtkInteractionStyle.lib
2) add the following to the top of your source, after including the VTK
header files:

#include <vtkAutoInit.h>
VTK_MODULE_INIT(vtkRenderingOpenGL);
VTK_MODULE_INIT(vtkRenderingFreeType);
VTK_MODULE_INIT(vtkInteractionStyle);

There is some additional information on this wiki page:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Build_System_Migration

 - David