[vtkusers] Building VTK 7.0 for Android (api 19)

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Wed Mar 9 08:47:20 EST 2016

One idea, wipe your build directory and try again if you haven't already.
Make sure to set the API level early on. Cmake checks for some values when
it configures and changing API level does not cause cmake to recheck them.
So if it configured with a setting of 21 then from that point forward it
will have system introspection values for 21. Put another way, if you
change the API level you have to wipe your binary tree.

That may not be the problem but it has bitten me before.  You can also look
at

https://open.cdash.org/viewNotes.php?buildid=4270266

which is the API 18 build script that I run to build and run that example
every night. It is based on VTK master but it may help.

Thanks
Ken

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 4:13 AM, Luuk de Gram <luukdegram at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear VTK community,
>
> I've been trying to build VTK 7.0 for Android using api level 19. Although
> I did succeed in building it using api 21, I would prefer it to work with
> api 19. I could not find any information if 21 and higher is a requirement
> to building 7.0.
>
> Anyway whenever I run make, I get the following errors:
>
> /home/luuk/Documents/VTK/Utilities/KWSys/vtksys/SystemInformation.cxx: In
> member function 'vtksys::SystemInformation::LongLong
> vtksys::SystemInformationImplementation::GetProcMemoryAvailable(const
> char*, const char*)':
> /home/luuk/Documents/VTK/Utilities/KWSys/vtksys/SystemInformation.cxx:3523:21:
> error: aggregate 'ResourceLimitType rlim' has incomplete type and cannot be
> defined
>    ResourceLimitType rlim;
>                      ^
> /home/luuk/Documents/VTK/Utilities/KWSys/vtksys/SystemInformation.cxx:3524:42:
> error: 'getrlimit64' was not declared in this scope
>    ierr=GetResourceLimit(RLIMIT_DATA,&rlim);
>                                           ^
> Utilities/KWSys/vtksys/CMakeFiles/vtksys.dir/build.make:353: recipe for
> target
> 'Utilities/KWSys/vtksys/CMakeFiles/vtksys.dir/SystemInformation.cxx.o'
> failed
> make[5]: ***
> [Utilities/KWSys/vtksys/CMakeFiles/vtksys.dir/SystemInformation.cxx.o]
> Error 1
> CMakeFiles/Makefile2:171: recipe for target
> 'Utilities/KWSys/vtksys/CMakeFiles/vtksys.dir/all' failed
> make[4]: *** [Utilities/KWSys/vtksys/CMakeFiles/vtksys.dir/all] Error 2
> Makefile:116: recipe for target 'all' failed
> make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
> CMakeFiles/vtk-android.dir/build.make:109: recipe for target
> 'CMakeExternals/Prefix/vtk-android/src/vtk-android-stamp/vtk-android-build'
> failed
> make[2]: ***
> [CMakeExternals/Prefix/vtk-android/src/vtk-android-stamp/vtk-android-build]
> Error 2
> CMakeFiles/Makefile2:60: recipe for target
> 'CMakeFiles/vtk-android.dir/all' failed
> make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/vtk-android.dir/all] Error 2
> Makefile:75: recipe for target 'all' failed
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Regards,
> Luuk

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Ken Martin PhD
Chairman & CFO
Kitware Inc.
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park NY 12065
518 371 3971

This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
destroy the original message.  Thank you.