[vtkusers] VTK Android example problem

Luuk de Gram luukdegram at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 04:07:08 EST 2016

Dear VTK community,

I've been struggling getting the Android example to work. I've successfully
compiled VTK 6.3 with Android api 19. I also succeeded in linking the VTK
binaries + headers within Android and the project builds fine. However,
when running the app I get a segfault when I add a renderer to the render
window. I've tried using vtkSmartPointer and a raw pointer aswell but both
without success. I'm used to using VES, which unfortunately is no longer
maintained. I've also tried using VTK 7.0, which I could not make work
together with api 19 but for that I'll create a new thread.

The example in question can be found at:
https://github.com/Kitware/VTK/blob/master/Examples/Android/NativeVTK/jni/main.cxx#L68

The segfault happends at line 68.

Regards,
Luuk