[vtkusers] Moving an actor, after about 1.5 hours.

Richard Frank rickfrank at me.com
Mon Mar 7 07:20:41 EST 2016

Hi David,

A bit of looking at the documentation shows vtkTimeStamp having an unsigned long monotonically increasing, which on Windows 64 bit is 32 bits.

A seemingly "simple" work around for us would seem to be to redefine the mvar to be a uint64_t and rebuild VTK. That would seem to double the time length.

But I wonder then why this wasn't done before? There must be some unwanted side effects? Possible memory issues ( points having their own vtkTimeStamp)?

Thanks

Rick

Sent from my iPad