[vtkusers] Show a text for a limited period of time

Fernando Nellmeldin f.nellmeldin at open-engineering.com
Tue Mar 1 04:08:59 EST 2016

Hello all.

I would like to show a text in screen and this text should disappear after
a few seconds (3~4). For example, the text should say: "Screenshot saved"
and then disappear. For me, doesn't matter if the vtkTextActor gets deleted
or its visibility gets turned off.

How can this be achieved with VTK? Please note that my VTK window is
embedded in a Qt application window.

I've done this before with pure OpenGL, but in that case I had access to
the "while (true)" loop of the application and I could ask each frame how
many seconds have passed. I am completely lost on this subject when using
VTK.

Thank you!

Fernando.