[vtkusers] "Disabling" a volume rendering pipeline in a controlled way?

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 13:25:03 EDT 2016

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 11:00 AM, Elvis Stansvik <
elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com> wrote:

> I see, and it makes sense now: The shallow copying of the result and
> subsequent discarding of the pipeline must still be done in Python. It's
> not enough to just let the pipeline go out of scope, since VTK will then
> still hold references keeping the objects of the pipeline alive (preventing
> Python garbage collection) (?).

Well, from VTK 6 onwards the data objects shouldn't hold any references to
the upstream pipeline... the "shallow copy" trick is something I started
doing back in the days of VTK 5, but it still works fine for VTK 6 and VTK
7 so I haven't changed it.

 - David