[vtkusers] Viewport clipping

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 11:14:42 EDT 2016

For troubleshooting problems like this, use test images that don't have a
black background. That way we can see where the boundaries of the images
are.

It looks like the images are simply being rendered in the wrong position.
So the question is whether this is due to the fact that multiple viewports
are being used (i.e. due to a bug in the display coords or view coords), or
if this is due to a shift in the world coords.  Either way, this is strange
because the OpenGL2 vtkImageSliceMapper simply uses a vtkPolyDataMapper
under the hood.

There were many changes between VTK 6.2 and VTK 7.0... any chance that you
can try this with the OpenGL backend in VTK 7.0 (instead of OpenGL2)?

Also, here is a very important question: do you create a separate
vtkImageActor for each of your viewports?  Actors should not, in general,
be shared between viewports.

 - David