[vtkusers] Kaspersky 2016 reports a virus in the windows installer for version 7.0.0

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Jun 29 09:50:31 EDT 2016

I think it is a false positive.

Although kaspersky's online checker
complained about the pyd files with the mysterious
UDS.DangerousObject.Multi.Generic problem, a local check with a fully
updated Kaspersky anti-virus 2016 trial version did not.

Our build machines are virus checker protected in any case so it is
unlikely to be a real threat. I think it is more likely that Kaspersky is
being over protective as VTK isn't all that common in the scale of things.

We will continue to try and work it out with Kaspersky in any case.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive