[vtkusers] Viewport clipping

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 08:24:42 EDT 2016

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 6:10 AM, Doug Hoppes <dhoppes at mbfbioscience.com>
wrote:

> Hey all,
>

>                 Running into a critical issue and not sure where to turn.
> We’ve been using vtkViewport for a while and never seem to have an issue
> with them.  However, just updated the software and moved to OpenGL2 and now
> running into an issue.  Some of the viewports seem to be clipped.  I can
> move my objects without a problem in them but, in one case, vtkImageActor,
> the display is clipped.
>

>                 Is there a particular place I can look at in the code to
> see what is happening?  The vtkViewport code seems to have the correct port
> size.  Where is the display rendering done?  I’ve noticed that, if I use a
> sphere actor or any general surface actor, there doesn’t seem to be a
> problem.  It only happens when I’m rendering a volume or an image actor.

Hmm... I haven't seen anything like this.  By "clipped", do you mean that
the actor/volume is limited to a rectangle that is smaller than the
viewport?  Is this rectangle always in the upper left corner of the
viewport, or is it somewhere else?  When you say "rendering a volume", do
you mean rendered with a vtkVolume?  If so, what volume mapper was used?
What version of VTK?

For OpenGL2 the vtkImageActor rendering is done
by Rendering/OpenGL2/vtkOpenGLImageSliceMapper.cxx, which in turn uses
vtkTexture and vtkPolyDataMapper.

 - David