[vtkusers] Projected shadow rendering in a vtkRenderWindow

Remi Charrier remi.charrier at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 10:28:11 EDT 2016

Thanks for the information,

As you probably guessed I was not looking in the proper folder for the
OpenGL2 backend that I configured.

I managed to get something, almost working (I have strange shadows in
addition to the normal shadow) by changing this example. As I would like to
understand what is wrong, I then started to try to get the
TestShadowMapPass.cxx  working as it is.

I have 2 problems:
 -  #include "vtkRegressionTestImage.h"
"Cannot open include file: 'vtkRegressionTestImage.h' "
I believe I did not include or generate the vtk module that contains it
(but I do not manage to know which one it could be). It seems it is not
useful for the core of this feature, but I would like to get everything
working before going further...

- the code is mentioning a 3D object: dragon.ply . On my computer I only
have the dragon.ply.md5 . What should I do? Use another software to
transform the .md5 into a .ply, or something else?

Finally, as you mentioned, this shadow rendering seems to not be compatible
with the stereo technique implemented in the vtkRenderWindow or at least no
directly...

Thanks!
Rémi