[vtkusers] Projected shadow rendering in a vtkRenderWindow

Remi Charrier remi.charrier at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 03:22:40 EDT 2016

Dear vtk users community,

I started 3 weeks ago a new project with vtk, I just register to this
mailing list to get answers to some of my questions. Let me know if I am
doing anything wrong in the use of this mailing list.

My development environment is :
- Visual Studio 2013
- vtk7.0
- qt5.7
My computer has a NVidia TITAN X graphic card.

Here is my problem:
- I managed to create a vtkRenderWindow that allows me to display different
3D meshes
- I am using Stereo Rendering (Anaglyph mode)
- I would like to project the shadows of my different elements on the
others elements.

To do so I tried many different things, but did not manage to find anything
that seems to work.
Here are what I tried:
- vtkEDLshading - I got it running but it does not do what I expected and
no projected shadows appear
- vtkShadowMapBakerPass (as described in
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Visualization/Shadows) but I have
compilation errors on vtkShadowMapBakerPass::OCCLUDER(), it seems this
class has change or I missed something: "error C2039: 'OCCLUDER' : is not a
member of 'vtkShadowMapBakerPass'"
- Then I tried to only use basic functions associated to the renderer or
the actors: m_Renderer->UseShadowsOn();
m_cylTipActor->GetProperty()->ShadingOn();
But once again no visible result...

If someone can tell me where the correct information to display projected
shadows with VTK 7.0 can be found, I can then investigate and come back to
you with my code if I am still having problems.

Thanks in advance,
Rémi (glad to come back to vtk after an 8 years break)

Garanti
sans virus. www.avast.com
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>