[vtkusers] Fw: Relationship between interactor/render window and VTKRenderWindowInteractor for VTK Charting

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Mon Jun 27 02:29:24 EDT 2016

Den 27 juni 2016 7:54 fm skrev "arasu via vtkusers" <vtkusers at vtk.org>:

> Thanks to Elvis Stansvik for responding to the request.   The correction
is as below - it is the view's renderwindow that needs to be set to my
renderwindow, not the other way around as shown for the Qt widget in the
documentation - specifically:
>         view->SetRenderWindow(GetRenderWindow());
>         view->SetInteractor(GetInteractor());

Glad it worked out. I don't know why the docs says otherwise. Perhaps it's
old information.

Elvis

this month about creating and displaying Chart in own Window.

> I am using C++ on Windows and VTK7.0. I am not using QT. I have adapted
the MFC version that comes with VTK to not be dependent on MFC. I am using
the lines below (based on the documentation shows for QT )

SetRenderWindow(vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow::SafeDownCast(view->GetRenderWindow()));

>         view->SetInteractor(GetInteractor());
>
> I am able to get the chart to display on the Window I create in the
program. However the Interactor does not work - i.e. mouse actions do not
pan/zoom the chart.

> I have no such problem when using VTK for other visualizations -creating
and connecting Mapper / Actor / Renderer / Interactor etc. and connecting
the renderwindow to the renderer.  The visualization is shown in my window
and the display responds to mouse and keyboard actions.    What do I need
to do in order to do the same with VTK Charting ? The interacting seems to
have been initialized and started as I can put a break in the program and
step through the Interactor code for mouse events.

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ