[vtkusers] CMake, UseVTK.cmake and CUDA incompatibility

Andreas Hermann squelsh at gmx.net
Sun Jun 26 05:13:49 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I am new to the list, but I already found several postings here that
describe the same problem. Unfortunately no satisfying answer was given
yet (AFAIK).

I am trying to compile a larger project that uses CUDA and PCL (invoking
VTK).
But a bunch of CMAKE Flags defined by VTK kill NVCCs parsing, as they
include spaces.
Result is:

"nvcc fatal   : A single input file is required for a non-link phase when an
outputfile is specified"

Those flags are not required when calling NVCC but VTK defines them
globally ):

Gregory Kramida describes the problem best in his mail from Dec 2015:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2015-December/093367.html

So my question is: How do you use CUDA together with VTK in a CMake project?
It would be great to get any advice on how to handle this...

Thanks,
Andreas