[vtkusers] Focus issue when deleting points in vtkChartXY (present in Paraview as well)

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Thu Jun 23 03:07:44 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I'm using a vtkChartXY with a vtkCompositeTransferFunctionItem +
vtkCompositeControlPointsItem pair to edit an opacity transfer function.

I can select points by clicking them, and delete them with Delete on the
keyboard, but only if the mouse hovers the chart item. I would have
expected that if I select a point by clicking it, then the Qt widget I'm
using to hold the chart would gain focus, and then when I press Delete it
wouldn't matter where the mouse cursor is.

The same problem can be seen in Paraview's opacity transfer function edit,
which uses the same setup.

Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks,
Elvis