[vtkusers] [vtk-developers] VTK bug hackathon

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Jun 21 10:17:14 EDT 2016

On 06/21/2016 09:44 AM, David Gobbi wrote:
> The real problem is that issues ported from Mantis have no actual
> description of the bug, instead they have a link to Mantis.

That was a choice we made for CMake because the Mantis issues are
widely cited in the wild so we will keep it up permanently as a
reference.  Since we're keeping it up anyway we might as well avoid
duplication.  Also, the Mantis CSV export does not include the
descriptions so it will take a bit more work to do the migration
with them.

For VTK and ParaView we can look at including the descriptions
if necessary.

> This slows down the workflow.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but with the ported issues we would:
> 1) locate the issue on gitlab, 2) click the provided link to
> see the bug description on mantis, 3) return to gitlab to
> modify the status.

Yes.  I was concerned about that at first for CMake but it has
been surprisingly easy to work with the dual pages since the
migration (e.g. via browser tabs).

-Brad