[vtkusers] VTK 7.0 - Modified meshes is not updated like in the previous versions of VTK

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Mon Jun 20 10:30:49 EDT 2016

Make sure you call Modified() on what you change in the polydata.  If you
changed the points then do a

polydata.GetPoints().Modified();

if you changed the cells then do something like

polydata.GetPolys().Modified();

most often that is the problem. Folks directly change some part of the
polydata but only call modified at the top.

Thanks
Ken

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 5:56 AM, Andrea Vitali <andrea.vitali1 at unibg.it>
wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I developed a virtual tool for emulating sculpting operations on a
> triangular mesh in VTK (something like http://stephaneginier.com/sculptgl/
> ).
>
> The tool works fine with VTK 6.3.0, but I migrated to VTK 7.0 a week ago.
> VTK 7.0 do not update the rendered actor relative to 3D sculpted model, but
> the relative polydata has been updated in correct way.
>
> It seems that modifications on polydata are not updated in the actor as
> done with previous version of VTK.
>
> Any idea to solve this problem?
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> Andrea

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Ken Martin PhD
Chairman & CFO
Kitware Inc.
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park NY 12065
518 371 3971

This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
destroy the original message.  Thank you.