[vtkusers] Grabbing focus from custom interactor style in Python

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Fri Jun 17 08:27:08 EDT 2016

Hi,

Looking at how e.g. vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera, one of the built-in
interactor styles, handles left mouse button presses, it does

    this->GrabFocus(this->EventCallbackCommand);

in order to grab focus for the duration of the interaction. That is, it
calls vtkInteractorObserver::GrabFocus, passing in
vtkInteractorObserver::EventCallbackCommand, which is a protected variable.

I'm basing my custom interactor style on vtkInteractorStyleUser, and I
would like to do the same (grab focus during an interaction), but I'm
working from Python and can't access the
vtkInteractorObserver::EventCallbackCommand variable in my
vtkInteractorStyleUser subclass.

Any ideas on how to do this is much appreciated!

Elvis