[vtkusers] vtkCubeAxesActor setTitle string utf-8

David Lonie david.lonie at kitware.com
Fri Jun 10 08:52:25 EDT 2016

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 1:59 AM, AlexUtrobin <AlexUtrobin at yandex.ru> wrote:

> I can not change the font and I can not show the Unicode text in
> vtkCubeAxesActor. The same actions with vtkTextActor work.
> What am I doing wrong?

vtkCubeAxes unfortunately still uses the vtkVectorText class to render text
by default. This class only supports a subset of ASCII characters, and
lacks many of the newer features available in the
vtkTextActor/vtkTextActor3D/vtkTextMapper classes.

The good news is that there is a switch on the class to tell it to use
vtkTextActor3D instead of vtkVectorText:

Add mCubeAxesActor.SetUseTextActor3D(1) to your test and it should work as
expected.

HTH,
Dave