[vtkusers] Obtain bone missing on patient head | Dicom

Matias Montroull matimontg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 09:34:53 EDT 2016

Hi,

We have a 3D printer which we plan to use to build missing parts of bones
after head surgery for skull repair/replacement. For that task we also plan
to use VTK to extract the missing parts of the bone. We tried registering
the patient head against the same patient head but flipped in X axis (using
ITK) then use the subtract module in VTK to try to obtain just the bone
that was missing but the results were not so good.

Is there a way to accomplish this using VTK or any combination of VTK and
other tools?

Thanks,

Matias.
--