[vtkusers] line is visible when camera focal spot is moved behind the slice the line is drawn?

hchen hjchen.work at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 12:30:42 EDT 2016

Hello,

Sorry I could not come up with a better subject line.....

I am drawing a 2D slice from a 3D volume, using vtkImageResliceMapper and
vtkImageSlice. I scroll through slices by changing camera focal spot.

Say, on a slice located at z=0, I draw a line using vtkPolyData,
vtkPolyDataMapper and vtkActor, everything looks just fine. Now, if I move
the focal spot closer to camera (eg. z=5), the correct slice will show, and
the line does not, which is good. But, if I move the focal spot further away
from the camera (eg, z=-5), the line would persist. The line would persist
for all focal spot that is behind the slice on which the line is drawn. Can
anyone help me understand why and if there is an easy way to have the line
show only when the camera focal spot is on the slice where the line is
drawn?

Thanks!

Chen