[vtkusers] vtkDICOMDirectory and vtkDICOMReader issue with files in the stack.

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 11:30:02 EDT 2016

I'm not aware of any standard DICOM tags that identify locator images.
That's why I check the ImageOrientationPatient, and if it doesn't match the
rest of the series, I sort the image into a different stack. My co-worker
enhanced our dicom browser so that, when the user clicks on a series, a
thumbnail image is displayed for each stack so that the user can choose.

Choosing the stack with the largest number of images is reasonable.

 - David