[vtkusers] Emulating Paraview 5's Interactive Select Points in VTK

Evan Kao tossin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 19:01:28 EDT 2016

Hello all,

I'm trying to emulate Paraview 5's Interactive Select Points feature in VTK
by constantly monitoring the 'MouseMoveEvent' and obtaining the closest
point on the desired actor.  However, I run into some severe "jitteriness"
as seen in this video <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXAhbjBCve4> (the
marker is represented by a green sphere).  In constrast, the marker in
Interactive Select Points mode in Paraview is predictable and steady.

What can I do to better replicate Paraview?

Thanks,
Evan Kao