[vtkusers] QVTK Widget and Retina MacBook (High-DPI screen)

BBerco bebe0705 at colorado.edu
Wed Jul 6 13:09:33 EDT 2016

Hello everyone,
I have started developing a GUI application on my Retina MacBook Pro. One of
the core component of the GUI is a QVTKWidget used to embed VTK graphics
within the QT GUI.

Obviously, I am encountering a bug: only the lower left portion of the
QVTKWidget is actually used for rendering, while the remainder of the area
stays dark/riddled with artefacts.
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5739142/artefacts.png>

This is the exact same issue as in the archived post indicated below.

http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/QVTKWidget-and-MacOS-problems-td5729620.html

The workaround mentioned in the post (running the GUI in low resolution)
"works", in the sense that the QVTK Widget shows properly, but 1) the
graphics inside the Widget are aliased 2) The window buttons and window
title appear blurry.

<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5739142/low_rez.png>

Has someone come up with a fix enabling QVTK Widgets to work on Retina
Macbooks?

Thanks,
Ben