[vtkusers] Problem executing VTK in release mode with Visual Studio 2013

Andras Lasso lasso at queensu.ca
Tue Jul 5 09:55:51 EDT 2016

In debug mode all variables are initialized to NULL but in release mode uninitialized variables have random contents. This is the most common cause why a software that runs fine in debug mode crashes in release mode.

Make sure you initialize all variables, especially simple pointers to objects and char arrays.

Andras